We are looking for an experienced analyst to join our growing team of nature-based climate and market analysts, researchers, and modelers.
A large part of the voluntary carbon market is comprised of nature-based projects, which cover forest, soil and blue carbon ecosystems around the globe. Ongoing threats to carbon-rich ecosystems and their high biodiversity value prompt an ever-increasing number of corporations to make carbon and nature-based commitments on their journey to net zero. Tracking nature-based projects, policies, and corporate action is an essential part of Trove’s mission to provide leading insights on the private sector’s progress towards net zero.
We would love to hear from you if you have pre-existing experience in environmental science, policy making, or environmental economics, and you want to help track the state of nature-based projects on a global level. If you are a creative thinker, can manage your time effectively and know how to communicate complex issues to a wide range of audiences, this role may be perfect for you.
Trove offers an exciting, fast-paced work environment, working with a dynamic and driven team. Our goal is to bring new levels of analysis and insight to accelerate the transition to a low carbon economy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Qualitative and quantitative research on nature-based solution specific policy updates, news, corporate commitments, and other developments.
- Quantitative and qualitative research on the cost of developing nature-based projects.
- Advanced data handling and analysis in Excel (and potentially Python/R, SQL or PowerBI)
- Work closely with our policy, integrity, and forecasting teams to develop relevant insights into nature-based solutions inside and outside of carbon markets.
- Communicate insights via PPT and Word reports, both internally and externally, delivered to clients through regular reports and deep dives, as well as our Trove Intelligence online platform and individual client consulting/advisory projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree or postgraduate in environmental sciences, environmental policy, forestry, conservation, or a related field.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Worked in the public, private, NGO or academic sector relating to environmental policy research, environmental project development, nature-based corporate commitments, environmental research and/or carbon markets.
- Knowledge / experience of nature-based carbon credits an advantage but not essential
This role is for you if you are:
- Interested in doing both qualitative and quantitative research / data analysis. Pre-existing experience in both is not a requirement for this role.
- Able to identify key market trends based on available data and make informed quantitative and qualitative extrapolations on what that might mean about the future.
- Have an ability to switch from detail-orientation to the big picture and large-scale trends.
- Collaborate proactively with your teammates as well as work effectively on your own.
- Are passionate and pragmatic about how the world can achieve net zero.
In addition to providing a dynamic work environment with a collaborative, entrepreneurial and mission-driven team. We offer a leading range of benefits:
- Flexibility on where and how you work, we’re fully hybrid with a comfortable office in central London
- Career growth opportunities and ability to learn and develop alongside global experts
- Full access to Udemy learning platform and other L&D initiatives
- Personal development cash allowance
- Generous enhanced maternity leave
- Pension scheme
- Regular social events
- Access to office gym
- and many more…
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Trove we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please include a cover letter and CV in your application to [email protected]