We are seeking a highly skilled CTO to over-see and drive technology and data decisions within our fast-growing start-up, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with its vision for its technological needs.
You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in technological and data development. You will be part of the executive team, working directly under the CEO and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company. You will be happy to take a hands-on role with code development, but also be able to take a step-back and drive more strategic thinking and team scaling.
Trove Research offers an exciting, fast-paced work environment, working with a young and driven team. Our goal is to bring new levels of analysis and insight to accelerate the energy transition to a low carbon economy. As well as having excellent technical expertise, to be successful at Trove you are likely to passionate about improving the state of the natural world and addressing the challenge of climate change.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage full stack development team – hiring and ongoing line management.
- Enhance the current technology stack. This is currently based around AWS and the Microsoft technology suite, but new approaches are welcome providing they meet the business objectives.
- Oversee hardware and server infrastructure and outsourcing arrangements.
- Manage operations of the development team using an agile mind-set.
- Track performance of the development and data team, encouraging innovation in data analysis and product development.
Qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in building and scaling successful technology teams that support data-centric products.
- Advanced technical skills covering testing, DevOps, MVP and API development.
- Familiarity with building financial market data back office and UI systems.
- Shared passion for the journey Trove Research is on to build a world class business that can make a meaningful difference to preserving the natural environment.
Please include a cover letter and CV in your application to email@example.com
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Trove we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.