We are looking for an exceptional analyst / modeller to join our growing teamof climate and carbon market analysts, researchers and modellers.
We would love to hear from you if you have advanced data analysis and research skills. You will likely have a high proficiency in Excel and Python (or R). Experience with PowerBI and/or SQL would be a plus. Candidates with work experience may come from economics, consulting, energy market, or financial backgrounds.
Apart from excellent technical capability, you will be passionate about improving the state of the natural world and addressing the challenge of climate change. You will be driven, a creative thinker and intellectually curious. You should be able to effectively manage your own time and be capable of communicating complex issues to colleagues and senior level audiences.
Trove Research offers an exciting, fast-paced work environment, working with a dynamic and driven team. Our goal is to bring new levels of analysis and insight to accelerate the energy transition to a low carbon economy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advanced data handling to build interactive dashboards and econometric modelling using Excel, Python (or R) to create market forecasting.
- Qualitative and quantitative research on the marginal abatement cost calculation for carbon offset projects and voluntary carbon market dynamics.
- Working closely with the carbon credit demand, supply, price, geospatial and data science teams to incorporate relevant insights into the voluntary carbon market forecast output and support in delivering comprehensive state of the market reports.
- Communicating insights via ppt and Word reports, both internally and externally, delivered to clients through quarterly reporting, an online platform and consulting projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Economics, Engineering, Climate Change, Environmental Studies or a related field.
- Proficient in Excel and Python (or R) with preferably 0-3 years of professional experience. Additionally, experience in VBA, PowerBI and/or SQL could be helpful but not required.
- Worked in the public, private, or NGO sector relating to financial or commodities markets, economics, climate change, net zero, carbon markets or similar. And/or equivalent postgraduate experience in academia.
This role is for you if you are:
- Aware of what a carbon offset project is and how carbon credits are presently traded.
- Able to identify key market trends based on available data and apply economic principles to extrapolate these trends for future.
- Inquisitive, analytical, and drawn to questions like ‘but what does this mean?’, ‘so what?’ and ‘what happens next?’.
- Have an ability to focus on detail and build sophisticated models, but also focus on the big picture and understand where you need to make pragmatic assumptions.
- Collaborate generously with your teammates but be effective at working on your own too.
- Are passionate and pragmatic about how the world can achieve net zero.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Trove we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please include a cover letter and CV in your application to [email protected]