We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our growing team of climate and carbon market analysts, researchers and modellers. We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment, working with a dynamic and driven team. Our goal is to bring new levels of analysis and insight to accelerate the energy transition to a low carbon economy.
In this new position you will lead all our private advisory / consulting work that we conduct for a broad range of clients, including global corporations, leading fund managers, carbon market supply-side firms, prestigious NGOs and various governments. The majority of projects we conduct involve undertaking some new research, both quantitative and qualitative, which draws on the best of Trove’s platform, and then writing in-depth research reports, with relatively low touch client interaction. During any quiet moments with client work, you will support Trove more broadly in developing market leading intelligence for our Trove Intelligence subscription clients.
We would love to hear from you if you have advanced qualitative research and report writing (ppt and word) skills. You will likely have a high proficiency in Excel, and some experience with PowerBI, Python/R and/or SQL would be a bonus. Candidates with work experience may come from consulting, research, NGO, politics, engineering, energy market, or financial backgrounds.
As well as excellent technical capability, you will be passionate about improving the state of the natural world and addressing the challenge of climate change. You will be driven, proactive, a creative thinker and intellectually curious. You should be able to effectively manage your own time and be capable of communicating complex issues to colleagues and client audiences. Prior knowledge of corporate climate action and/or carbon markets is preferred but not essential – enthusiasm to learn is much more important!
Responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership our private client work on corporate climate commitments and the voluntary carbon market.
- Undertaking qualitative research
- Undertaking quantitative analysis in Excel, and potentially Python/R, PowerBI and/or SQL.
- Drafting high quality written reports, in both ppt and word formats.
- Communicating key insights both internally and externally.
- Working closely with colleagues from across Trove to draw on, and add to, the best of Trove’s broader research, data and market intelligence.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Economics, Environmental Studies, Climate Change, Geography, Politics, Engineering, or a related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience, in either public, private or NGO sector.
- Preferably have a background in consulting, research, finance, NGO, politics, engineering or energy markets. Preferably have professional or academic knowledge of climate change, net zero, carbon markets or similar.
- Highly proficient in Excel. Some experience in Python/R, PowerBI and/or SQL a bonus.
- Excellent at extracting insights and communicating complex content concisely and precisely.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for addressing climate change in the corporate sector.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Trove we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please include a cover letter and CV in your application to [email protected]