Trove Research is a rapidly expanding start-up with a mission to become the leading source of data and intelligence on voluntary corporate climate commitments and the use of carbon credits. We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment, working with a dynamic and driven team that has grown from 10 to 50 people in the last twelve months. Our goal is to bring new levels of analysis and insight to accelerate the energy transition to a low carbon economy.
You will be at the heart of our ambitious plans to further develop and grow our business. This position will report to the COO and is a perfect stepping-stone role for someone hoping to become a COO in a start-up in future.
We are looking for a driven and independent individual to take ownership for defining and helping to operationalise our strategy across a broad variety of topics including: overall company strategy, international expansion, M&A / partnership management, new product development, competitor analysis, financial modelling, investor relations / fundraising, facilitating internal strategy sessions / offsites, marketing activity, recruitment / talent management, etc. You will work closely with the company CEO and COO, and provide them general support in the core business priorities of the day.
You will be driven, a creative thinker, and intellectually curious. You should be able to effectively manage your own time and be capable of communicating complex issues to colleagues and senior-level audiences.
Applicants should be passionate about improving the state of the natural world and addressing the challenge of climate change. The role presents a unique opportunity to step into an influential role within a fast-growing start-up that has a clear social purpose and a good work-life-balance.
- Strong educational attainment
- 2-6 years of strategy consulting experience
- Past experience in sustainability sector and/or a start-up a bonus
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical capability
- Ability to produce and maintain models in Excel
- Clear communicator, both in writing (ppt / word / emails) and verbally (to small and large groups, both senior and junior)
- Effective, organised, efficient and independent self-starter who is driven to get things done
- Team player whose natural instinct is to work collaboratively
- Passion for supporting the private sector transition to a low-carbon economy
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Trove we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]